This guide is for the current IGNITUS 16K users.
- All FGK users are recommended to update their ECU firmware to the latest version published by Apt Touch Sdn Bhd.
- To perform this update, please download the latest IGNITUS16k v1.1 which is available at http://www.fuelgainkit.com/
- Latest firmware filename for 4T motorcycle engine: 2-30BCA979305FD8552A07BC2D668608D0-FGK_16k_v1.1.hex
- The maps inside the ECU may change after firmware update. Hence, it is essential for user to backup/save their custom map to their computer hard drive before the update. Refer to the steps below.
To update the firmware, please follow the steps below:
- Update IGNITUS16k to latest version, v1.1.
- Connect ECU to IGNITUS16k.
- (IMPORTANT!) Go to ‘Tune Map’ tab. Then, backup/save all four maps from the ECU (Fuel, Timing, Deadtime & Flow) to the computer using the ‘Backup’ function. *If default maps are used, user don’t need to backup them.
- Navigate to ‘Control Unit’ menu & choose ‘Upload Firmware’
- In the upload window, choose port and browse for the firmware file. Then, press ‘Upload’
- *The firmware file can be found in folder name ‘Firmware’ in IGNITUS16k installation directory.
- *For example (default directory)<> C:\Program Files (x86)\Apt Touch Sdn Bhd\Ignitus16k\Firmware
- *Use the latest firmware file name, please see the announcement at the top.
- *If the update is successful, user will be prompted with a small window saying “Firmware successfully updated!”.
- Reconnect ECU to IGNITUS16k.
- Load the backup maps earlier (Fuel, Timing, Deadtime & flow) from the computer and upload it one by one into the ECU by using the ‘Load Map from File’ function for each map.
Note: The update will finish in a few seconds. The ECU can be continued to used normally after the update. For more information, please refer to IGNITUS16k manual which is available at http://www.fuelgainkit.com