- Starting from 25th April 2019 & forth, only FGK for 4-T engine is supported with of our new tuning software called IGNITUS16k.
- Old 4-T firmwares that have been announced before 25th April 2019 are not compatible with IGNITUS16k.
- 2-T & G200 firmwares are not compatible with IGNITUS16k. Thus, users need to use the old IGNITUS.
- Current FGK 4-T users can choose to continue using the old firmwares with the old IGNITUS or purchase a new license key for IGNITUS16K & use its supported firmware.
- Latest firmware filename for 4T motorcycle engine that support IGNITUS16k: 2-30BCA979305FD8552A07BC2D668608D0-FGK_16k_v1.1.hex
- To migrate from old IGNITUS to IGNITUS16K, user are required to download & install IGNITUS16K at http://www.fuelgainkit.com & update the ECU firmware with the supported firmware that has been mentioned above.
- The maps inside the ECU may change after firmware update. Hence, it is essential for user to backup/save their current maps to their computer hard drive using the old IGNITUS before the update. Refer to the guides below.
To update the firmware that can supports IGNITUS16K, please follow the steps below:
- Connect ECU to the old IGNITUS.
- (IMPORTANT!) Go to ‘Tune Map’ tab. Then, backup/save all four maps from the ECU (Fuel, Timing, Deadtime & Flow) to the computer using the ‘Backup’ function. *If default maps are used, user don’t need to backup them.
- Exit the old IGNITUS.
- Next, install or update IGNITUS16k to latest version, v1.1.
- Connect ECU to IGNITUS16k.
- Navigate to ‘Control Unit’ menu & choose ‘Upload Firmware’
- In the upload window, choose port and browse for the firmware file. Then, press ‘Upload’
- *The firmware file can be found in folder name ‘Firmware’ in IGNITUS16k installation directory.
- *For example (default directory)<> C:\Program Files (x86)\Apt Touch Sdn Bhd\Ignitus16k\Firmware
- *Use the latest firmware file name, please see the announcement at the top.
- *If the update is successful, user will be prompted with a small window saying “Firmware successfully updated!”.
- Reconnect ECU to IGNITUS16k.
- Load the backup maps earlier (Fuel, Timing, Deadtime & flow) from the computer and upload it one by one into the ECU by using the ‘Load Map from File’ function for each map.
- User can now uninstall/remove the old IGNITUS.
Note: The update will finish in a few seconds. The ECU can be continued to used normally after the update. For more information, please refer to IGNITUS16k manual which is available at http://www.fuelgainkit.com